My foot operation on Monday went very well, they only had to break one bone instead of two! MY oh-so-clever doctor opted to give me some steroids prior to surgery as I have been on them for a while and he wants me to not only heal correctly but to help keep my RA/RD in check. They said they were able to align my foot to where it will be significantly better. I was really sick from the anesthesia for the first few days but finally got t where solid food was doable. As of right now I’m taking Oxycontin twice a day and have halved my Percocet doses already [from4 a day to 2]. What is both very neat yet strange is that I can feel the arch of my foot being… new. That’s the best way I can describe it, it just feels new. I get my splint off on Dec. 29th and will then have boot though I am still not allowed to bear weight until January. My excellent husband has been taking care of me around the clock despite some family health issues that have arisen with his parents. Our excellent friends have stopped by to give my husband breaks and brought us delicious food. I will continue to update as time goes on.
THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED:
- Oxycontin makes me think everyone hates me.
- Oxycontin makes me dizzy.
- Percocet makes me nauseous.
- Pain medication is like eating cork, I’m calling the doctor for the big guns on Monday.
- I am the master of adult coloring books.
- I need more colored pencils in my life [and more colors]
- Benefiber does nothing.
- I’m WAY too bossy to let other people do anything [need to work on that].